Sunday, February 18, 2007

Weekend report

I checked myself in to Virginia Mason Hospital this past Friday on the advice of my PCP. I hit the ER at about 3pm and finally got a room at about 9pm. Whatever.... stuff happens.

So I've been sitting here for 48 hours in an ortho hospital room (basically a private room) and they've been pumping me full of antibiotics and gluco-saline solutions. They did a CT with contrast in lots of wonderful variations. They've checked my blood and my poop and my urine and my vitals about 17,000 times.

Results? "Well, we pretty much think you might possibly have what you said you had when you walked in the door."

Anyway, the antibiotics aren't working and the pain isn't subsiding and they might consider the possibility of maybe thinking about potentially doing another CT tomorrow.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....... they don't wanna make any.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Hospitals suck.