Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Physician, heal thyself.

Ok, the terrific results of my Monday adventure with the gastroenterologist: He sent me to 'urgent care' to get some tests done. More blood work, more Xrays, wonderful brunch of barium (berry flavor!), then a CT scan.

Results? Same as before - "Yes, there is an infection but the results are indeterminate."

Thanks a freaking lot, doc! I knew that when I walked in. I told you that when I walked in. I had to spend SEVEN hours here for you to tell me you agree with me?

So what decision was made? Basically, 'well, we know what we're doing isn't working, but you're not getting any worse, so keep doing what's not working and we'll give you some morphine so you wanna sleep all the time and won't give a shit if you feel bad. Call us in a week if it's the same.'

No kidding. WTF is up with gastroenterologists? Do indecisive procrastinators all choose this as a specialty? There has to be some good reason people tolerate poo.... Sorry, I'm a bit frustrated......

No comments: