Sunday, December 17, 2006

Thalidomide

It's day four of the seagull phase. Really feeling a bit "eaglish" today. See, four days ago, I also quit taking my Thalidomide (Thalmid). The results have been amazing. I can actually THINK again. My inertial guidance system has returned from the dead. I don't stagger. I know where I'm going. I remember things.

Thalidomide has kept me stoned for three months. THREE MONTHS! It's not even the part of the chemo that does the work. It's merely a mild booster..... and it's not worth it. Not at all. At least not for me. I have to be able to use my brain in my job. I have to be able to plan. It's not cool for everyone at work to think I have a drinking problem from the stagger and the weaving.

How in hell have I been driving a car? Jeepers that scares me. Four days off the stuff and I rode my motorcycle today (with some ice on the road - determination sometimes makes me stupid - not the Thalidomide's fault).

Anyway, no more Thal for me. None. Hell, it's not even a fun buzz, it's just debilitating and mildly depressing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, great. You were driving me around Seattle two weeks ago and now you say your driving scares YOU?

Rick :)

Anonymous said...

For the record -- Andre's driving ALWAYS scared me.

I let him buy my daughter a motorcycle.

What the hell was *I* thinking?!