Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Surprise, surprise, surprise

Ok, so I got a call from the oncologist today. Apparently my blood tests weren't so great last night, so I've got to go in for two more units of blood at 9 AM tomorrow. That will add up to a total of 8 units since September.

I took a handful of steroids this morning. (10, as prescribed.) I've felt slightly manic and very good physically all day. Imagine what I'll feel like when I have a complete blood count and the steroids! Anybody wanna jog the 17 miles to work?

I discovered a horrible side effect of the steroids today. THEY MAKE EVERYTHING TASTE WONDERFUL! I had split-pea soup with ham chunks for lunch today in the hospital cafeteria. It qualified as one of the tastiest meals I've ever had in my life. This is NOT a good thing. I'll have to keep that little problem under control.

No comments: