Friday, October 13, 2006

Chemo Day Three

Hickups. Every evening starting at 5p and ending at about 10p when I go to bed. Not fun.

Pain - Greatly reduced. The doc suspected bone pain as the culprit and thought the chemo might help. It did.

Weight gain - 3 lbs to 167. This is a good thing.

Vision - inverted. Suddenly I don't need reading glasses but I can't read street signs at a distance. Wondering if it's temporary.

Petichae(?) - small blood clots under my skin from spontaneous hemorrhages. Enough to look "freckly". Mostly on my legs. Appeared first day but don't seem to have continued. Just need to watch them.

Digestive system - back to functioning normally. Yippee!

Kidney function - appears to be improving.

So here's the real deal..... I guess my body is reacting well to the drugs, but my brain and control systems are sorta screwed up. The steroids are making me aggressive. Thank goodness they're 4 days on and 4 days off. My vision was a little strange today because it was foggy on my way to work. Nothing quite like a vision change on a visually challenging day!

I don't think I'm much fun to be with, but I'm improving. Now we just need to watch the numbers and make sure they're improving month to month. We just got some test numbers back that weren't so hot... Seems I'm producing ~100 times the number of antibody proteins I should be. If that number starts to go down, then the chemo is working. Gonna keep an eye out for that. Anyway, that's the story for today. Going to sleep now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read an interesting article about stopping hickups. Perhaps Ed could help you with this. Let me know if it works. LOL. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/10/061006-ignobels.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestion. Even if it doesn't work, it might be fun to try.