Sunday, October 22, 2006

Progress report

Ok, I'm at the end of the second (4 day mini) round of steroids, and on my 12th day of Thalidomide. Bone pain is virtually absent, so I've been off morphine for about 3 days now. I haven't had to use tylenol much at all. The upside is that my digestive tract is returning to normal, which is positively impacting my urinary tract, which is improving my libido just a bit. Basically, this is all good. There's only one thing I'm still watching out for..... and that's my body weight. 160# this morning. 185# when I left Dallas 11 months ago. 180# before the trigger event for this adventure. So I've lost 20# in about 2 months. Maybe I should ask Jenny Craig when my skin is gonna shrink back to my new body shape. I look like a freaking lizard with my clothes off. Wrinkles and excess skin.... folds and flaps....... You know, like some 75 year old lady who decides to get back into shape, but who generally arrives in a room about a minute before her all of her skin gets there. (It's not really that bad. There aren't any 'granny-flaps' yet, thank goodness.)

Anyway, life gets better thru chemistry........ ;-)

No comments: