Wednesday, July 08, 2009

ICU Day 20 - AM

Andre was completely sedated when I came this morning. I had another "incident" with a physician today, this time with the new attending oncology doc. It seems I'm losing my patience so I need to just calm down just like what I tell Andre.

Completely asleep but with titered down sedation, they put him on pressure support ventilation at about 10:30 AM. He started stirring half-an-hour later and bingo!--he went into his usual agitated state. I don't know what else to do and it seems the pulmonary & critical care team are also running out of ideas. I heard them say, "maybe we can ask psychiatry if they can help". Argh!

And on a different note, I need to go back to Canada to deal with some personal and work-related issues. My work has been very understanding of our current situation but I do feel the need to get more work done since I'm technically not on a leave-of-absence.

3 comments: said...

My sympathies, Ed, on the challenging situation you are facing... prayers continue for both of you and the intention that the team is finding successful solutions for Andre's health.

Paul Y. said...

I am so sorry to hear about the troubles Ed. Yes patience is a VERY good thing to have but these docs need to remember they are working for YOU and you are Andre's advocate. I am glad your employer is understanding and helpful.

As always, positive thoughts and all the healing power I can muster are being sent your way.

shahrukh said...

This blog is a great source of information which is really very useful for me. Thank you very much for this important information.