Tuesday, April 07, 2009

It's been forever.

It's been a long time since I updated this thing. I could blame it on the fact that life has been moving at a snail's pace here. Nothing drastic has happened. Nothing remarkable, nothing newsworthy.

But the truth is, I've been bored. Spring has taken too long to present itself. My health hasn't changed drastically, and nothing significant has happened.

Of course, this perspective only works if you look at life from one day to the next. The truth is that lots of little things add up to make today far different from last month.

Drugs: I'm no longer taking MMF/myfortec (an antirejection drug). I'm tapering my use of prednisone so I'm enduring a very long steroid taper (crash). I'm back on Mg and K in my hydration because I'm back on foscarnet for CMV.

All the changes and remaining drugs mean I have a rash, a sensitive GI, and relatively low energy, but the last 4 days have been sunny and warm, so I've been doing a few things outside, regardless of the way I feel.

My feeble little brain tells me to ride the motorcycle up to Canada on Thursday. The reasonable adult in me says the weather won't support it. We'll see.

I guess the safest thing to say here is that life is still OK and that we're moving forward. I have nothing negative to write and I have nothing super positive to write. Life moves on.

3 comments:

ron said...

Well, I guess middle of the road is better than in the wrong lane with an oncoming bus.

John said...

Good to hear from you Andre. I was wondering...

I'm glad life is OK and that you are being patient with the slow recovery.

Roobeedoo said...

One foot after the other over and over again - but eventually you WILL get somewhere! Bound to!