Thursday, June 26, 2008

'Roidapalooza

Hoo Wee! 'Roids again this morning. Followed by a full day of activities.

I felt like junk all day. Slightly loopy, having trouble with my vision. Generally grouchy and trying to keep from being "Tourette-esque". I wasn't always successful.

I went to IKEA for a few hours to get furniture for the Vancouver house. Bedding mostly. We're keeping the stuff we have here, here. I need a bed for after the transplant. A caregiver may need the other bed and we rather doubt a king size will fit in either of the bedrooms up north. Thus, both bedrooms are staying here in Seattle for several months.

So that stuff is loaded in the truck for a move this weekend.

Tomorrow, Ed and I will spend our Friday evening getting a new TV and surround sound system for the new place. We'll also get some wireless office things so again we'll have two complete systems. There's nothing wrong with doing the upgrade..... the system that's installed here is an 8+ year old NT server design that was upgraded to XP..... prehistoric by today's simpler wireless systems.

I also fixed the kitchen faucet today. It's a single handle design and it was dripping when turned off.... just a pain in the rear to listen to and pay for. So I got a repair kit and repaired it. $6.41 including tax. 30 minute job because I was slow and deliberate. I don't know how they build, package, ship and shelve that complete kit with 7 precision components for $6.41 with tax. Anyway, the sink doesn't drip any more.

So, plumbing, IKEA, dinner with our buddy Jay. Long day, high stress for everyone around me.

I love what the steroids do, but I don't love what I do with steroids. I'm not a nice guy. Tomorrow I should be beyond the clanking and doing the fast downhill on the coaster. I expect to improve on the morrow.

No comments: