Thursday, June 19, 2008

The party is over.

I'm back from 16 days on the road. Yesterday was a full day of doctors and chemo, starting with a blood test and then a pamidronate infusion. I guess the timing was perfect because I slept thru the entire process. I needed it.

My blood numbers are pretty normal. I lost a total of 14# on the trip but my chemistry didn't go as crazy as I thought it would. I'm not anemic nor is my white cell count up. I'm still a healthy cancer patient.

If you look at the other blog(s), you'll find that I've been scheduled for a "mini" allogeneic transplant. The actual process begins with a meeting on July 17th. There are meetings, tests, processes, stuff..... and then the theory is that we'll stick a bunch of chemo in me on August 1, 2, and 3. Then they'll irradiate my whole body until I glow in the dark on the 4th. Then they do a small infusion and stick me in the hospital overnight. In the morning they'll send me home and ask me to see them once a day for the next 120 days. I'll be a bit of a prisoner until we find out where the disease will take us.

Ed will be in Vancouver. I'll be in Seattle. Ed's visa hasn't been approved for his return. It's gonna be interesting. Hopefully they'll give me a brief respite on the weekends so I can go visit my husband.

Meanwhile, Ed starts his new job in 11 days and we're not moved yet. Gotta get off my butt and participate.

Oh, the husband part..... we'll be legally married on July 3rd. It's part of the plan. Sorry it's not an official celebration. We're treating it like the purely legal thing it is...... rather like passports and drivers' licences. Everyone knows we're as married as two people can be. We're just going to make it official.

We'll celebrate the wedding and my survival later. Time for progress and change.

3 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Oh come on chaps - crack open the champagne at least? And there was me thinking I could buy a new hat for the occasion...! Wishing you much happiness from over the seas.

Susie Hemingway said...

Wishing you buckets of stars and heaps of rainbows and every good wish for the future - will check in on your very nice blog again.
Sincere Regards Susie Hemingway

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Ed!
Are you on any chemo right now?
take care!
Tracie