Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Blood test numbers

The infection seems to be gone. They've taken me off the antibiotics and removed my midline (IV). However, they've been taking blood every time I go anywhere and I'm noticing a trend. My RBC, Hematocrit, and Hemoglobin counts are slowly wandering downward. This means I'm becoming mildly anemic.

Nobody's alarmed yet, so we'll just keep an eye on it for a while. Heck, the numbers might be going down just because of the amount of blood they've been drawing.

Three doctor appointments and a trip to the airport tomorrow. Yipee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the infection has cleared up.
So dracula wears a lab coat and sucks your blood through a hypodermic needle. He must have worn his fangs out and his health insurance doesn't cover dental.
Get to feeling better.