Thursday, April 26, 2007

Three words

I wrote three very powerful words a few days ago. They shocked me. They caused a few moments of introspection. They hurt.

It may seem odd that these three simple words moved me, but the truth is I don't think I've ever said them before. Sure, I've used metaphors and synonyms. I've used descriptive and technical terms. But all these phrases are simple decoys to move conversation along and protect people (mostly myself) from the simple truth.

I have cancer.

There, I said it again. It's official. I have cancer. Me. I'm not living in denial any more. (Hell, I didn't realize I was in denial until about halfway through writing this.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha from Hawaii!

I've been trying to chase you down for the last couple of years, and then this is how I find you?

Shoot me an email when you have the time.


HRRA #51

motopacsman said...

I assume the comment was from Mike C. I'll try to get in touch, but the first email address I have has already bounced. Gonna try something else.