Monday, April 23, 2007

Frustrating

Ok, so I was in remission until I went in for surgery. Two months on chemo and I'm virtually in remission again. My numbers are so close to normal that I could probably retest next week and be on the mark. I'm gonna see my oncologist on Friday. I'll need scheduling answers on my change in chemo for stem cell creation and harvest, then insertion of the port to my chest for the harvest. The fun part is that I need to complete these things before I lose coverage with my employer. Scheduling becomes critical.

The thing I'm frustrated by is my relatively new skin condition. Sahara-esque would be an understatement. Half my face, head, and neck is red from peeling off. The other half is coming off in 1/8 inch flakes. Moisturizing only glues the flakes to my face. They seem to continue to develop underneath the layer of moisturizer. I'm using moisturizers that contain no alcohol and my face still burns when I put the stuff on.

In any case, my face either itches or burns constantly....... Yeah, I know this is a relatively minor issue when compared with some of the other stuff I've posted, but damn, when are the new side effects going to stop showing up? It's not like I give one up and get a new one. They're all still here.

No comments: