Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tomorrow, August 29, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day. I've been prepping for this all week. Now's the time.

The bullet is gonna strike me.

I have a blood draw at 9am. This is followed by a prep for radiation. At 11am I get a TBI which means Total Body Irradiation. They'll stop when I glow in the dark like an old Timex.

Then they'll tell me when to check into the hospital sometime later in the day. Hopefully Ed will be down from Vancouver by then.

When the donor cells arrive from wherever they're flying in from, I'll take the bullet.

And then we wait. Tick tock tick.

6 comments:

Roobeedoo said...

Ready, steady....

Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog since my husband was diagnosed after a spine fracture last March. He will be starting autologous transplant soon. I know more about this disease than I ever wanted to know! Found your blog in my internet travels and wanted to tell you how helpful it has been to me. Thank you! My thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue your treatment.
Best wishes,
Cheryl from NJ

Anonymous said...

Give em hell Andre. You're one of the strongest men I know.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Hopefully the traffic gods are nice to Ed on his way down. Of anybody I've ever met, you seem the most likely to pull through this like a tight corner on the track.

~Kelsey

Anonymous said...

I know you'll pull through with flying colors. Thinking the most positive of thoughts for you and Ed and sending you a great big hug from NYC. Rob

Anonymous said...

Just been reading your blog. My dad had multiple myeloma 9 years ago. He's still here today fit as a fiddle as they say. Just wanted to give you some hope. He has his own blog, you might want to read his experience http://thegeordiehealer.blogspot.com/ . My thoughts are with you in what I know is a scary time. Gemma