Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rash Rehash

It's back. The RASH FROM HELL returns with a vengeance. I'm just a few days into Thalmid / Thalidomide and I'm rapidly turning back into "Spot". Red patches on my torso, itchy skin, puffy eyes, blotchyness and little water pimples on my face.

Revlimid and Thalmid are chemically related.

What does this mean? It means I have to go off Thalmid. It means my maintenance program will consist of steroids that are less effective than Rev or Thal. It means there will be very unpleasant side effects. Seagull/catfish all over again. Swelling of the ankles, attitude problems, binge eating. The works.

But ultimately it means I'll have to do the transplant. Maintenance isn't working and we can't let this sleeping dog lie.

Crap, I'm wondering if the rash is any worse than the steroids..........

1 comment:

Roobeedoo said...

"Maintenance isn't working"? I am confused - I thought you were in remission? (Sorry about the rash.)