Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Angry / depressed.

I went to see my new oncologist today. Based on the actions of my previous oncologist, it's been STRONGLY recommended that I not harvest stem cells yet.

Basically, that means two more months of chemo and a review of my situation.

I'm angry at my previous oncologist, but I trust the new guy because his thoughts are exactly in line with what Ed was starting to observe in my blood counts.

The setback has me more depressed than anything..... I'm not a happy camper. Back on psycho drugs again, just as I was starting to feel human again.

Bummed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to find a decent doctor here in Dallas, sounds like you didn't have much luck in Seattle either. Ah, the American healthcare system. Glad to hear you have an oncologist that seems to be in sync with you and Ed. Hang in there. If it helps, you can think of me this weekend going to my high school reunion. That should be a laugh riot. I get to see people I haven't seen for over 20 years and pretend to be interested in them. I wasn't interested in them way back when. Gesh,how do I get suckered into these things?

C'est la vie,
Take care.