Monday, January 15, 2007

Treading water.

Nothing much new here. Same old stuff. Just dealing with the steroids and hoping to goodness I can stop soon. Only 8 more days until it might be over.

Off the 'roids for 4 days (starting today), then on again for 4 more, then down for 8 until the next oncology meeting with a full blood series.

Ed and I decided we're gonna quit treading water and start swimming thru life again. As a result, we've actually been doing STUFF like real humans. It's an interesting change and it's been educational. I get tired quickly, but every day seems to extend my ability to last. I guess that's all part of the swimming lesson. L'chaim!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andre,
I read your blog and really enjoyed your comments though hated to see you have this awful disease. I am the caregiver to my wife who is fighting it also. She too is working through all of this crap and it is taking a toll on her. Anyway, just wanted to tell you your imagery hit the nail on the head a few times and I enjoyed your blog. Thanks for putting it all down and I wish you and yours all the best. I'm hoping the Measles virus will turnout to be an answer if not the Cure.
Jim

motopacsman said...

Thanks for reading and understanding. It's good to see I'm not totally off-base, but unfortunately that means someone else has to suffer similarly for comparison sake, and that's not what any of us want.

Throughout the process, we've discovered we're strong and adaptable. That's the one key ingredient in the recipe for success. It's very hard to do this every day. VERY hard. But that which does not kill us makes us stronger.

Mentally, we're much stronger now than then. Physically, I'm working on it.

Spend time with your wife, and when you think it's hard on you, consider what she's going thru.

I wish you both the best.

Anonymous said...

Now you're bigtime, Andre -- you're getting stupid ads for other sites in your comments fields!

I think that's ironic in some way, but I'm too tired to know.

Keep fightin', Unc.